Monday, October 31, 2011

A Small Town and A Big Ego

8:04pm

Ok, so I took a day off from blogging. I had to finish reading the Tehran Initiative by Joel Rosenberg. Seriously… if you have not read the series starting with “The Twelfth Imam”, what are you thinking? Shut down this blog right now and order it on Amazon or go to your local bookstore right now! It really puts the times we are living in, in perspective and has a positive outcome… What is that you say? Something positive? Yup!

So… your probably wondering how I am doing on my “food lifestyle makeover”? Well, I’d say pretty good for a 6’6” Viking like myself! I’m not going to say it’s easy, by any means. In fact, it is the single hardest thing I have ever done and I am not even sure if I am going to make it (if I am being honest), but the truth is the truth. I am giving it my full attention and I see myself winning this fight.

Tonight (Halloween) I took my kids out trick-or-treating. I live in a small town of 2600 people. We have one main street that looks like a town ripped from the pages of a Louis Lamoure novel. You can still ride your horse up to the saloon and hitch it to the hitchin’ post and there are sleigh rides all winter long through the town for anyone who wants a ride. Halloween is one of the times of the year that the town comes together and all of the businesses on Main Street have candy for the kids. People bring their kids from miles around to participate.

Like anything in my town, it takes a little longer to do just about anything because you know everyone. You can’t just walk down the street and expect to not talk to anyone, no… you engage in many conversations. One constant theme of conversation was how good I was looking. Apparently the entire community knows that I am on a diet and they are expecting good things. It is always nice to have someone complement you though. So… if you decide to choose the Simple to lose plan, move to a small town… it’s good for your ego. Ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment