Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The First Day

10:00am

Well, I started the day by weighing in… 373.2 pounds is what the new digital scale said. I took a photo… I will try to post it. Then I dug through my box of freeze-dried food and looked for “Eggs”. After following the directions, I added water and presto… Eggs. Not bad, however I am left wanting. I am actually a little shaky and light headed as I write this. My next meal is at noon.

10:43am

Talked to my coach because I was not sure about having a Coffee with some milk in it. She showed me that it is OK, I just need to check off one of my three condiments for the day and it will be accounted for. Now that I have had my coffee… all is good.

12:23pm

OK, Lunch is going well. I’m having the Wild Rice and Chicken soup… Holy Cow… This is good. Or… it could be that I’m really hungry, I’m not sure. Nope… it’s actually very tasty. I’ve also had four glasses of water so far this morning and that really helps. I was a little shaky as I opened the door to see the Jehovah Witnesses this morning, but I was able to tell them all about my new diet plan and they are going to pray for me… so I feel much better.

2:40pm

I’m almost unable to think… I’m so hungry. I keep wanting to get up and munch on something and my stomach is gurgling like crazy. I am truly light headed and I have to get up and go play a show (www.badlarrys.com) at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake. Luckily they have a salad with chicken on it that I can have for dinner. I will let you know how the rest of the day goes… but now I get to make a snack!!!

3:17pm

OK, so I’m standing in front of my refrigerator looking in for some reason and then I come out of my stupor and just start laughing because I’m food delirious.

11:38pm

Oh Man… I made it!!!! Somehow I made it through my first day! I went to play a gig at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake with zero energy… I set up and had my lean and green meal (Garden salad with chicken) and that gave me the energy to play the 3-hour show. At the end… after total exhaustion and packing up the sound system… I had my peanut butter bar. Off to bed! Goodnight Gracie…

3 comments:

  1. Hi Scott...I know Chloe through MOPS. My husband has also been working through his weight loss. It's been a tremendous challenge for him and a daily battle, but he made it to 100 pounds down not too long ago. I sent him your blog and hopefully you guys can connect. I know from watching him what a tough battle it can be, but I also know from watching him that you can do it! Here's a post he did on my blog about it: http://flatheadmama.blogspot.com/2011/05/guest-post-by-christopher-from-331-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out your blog and read your husbands entry... It's great to see that someone did it! another pastor friend of mine recently lost more than 100lb's and was able to do it in a healthy way. I like how real his post was. It was incredibly honest and was a reality blow to my journey. I had to say to myself many times today... I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you keep going on your weight release journey? Where are you with it all today? Would you recommend this program?

    ReplyDelete