Friday, October 28, 2011

A day for a Community to give

10:04am

I have made it 58 hours now on my Simple 2 lose diet. So far… not simple, but I’m hoping for brighter days. The part that is a little confusing is getting comfortable with the things you can and cannot make in your Lean and Green meal. Other than that… everything else is simple because you just open up a freeze dried packet, add water and… presto, instant “food”. This morning I had my instant egg packet. It’s definitely better to cook it in the microwave.

1:00pm

I received a nice tip from my coach today. She had a blog that has great recipes and ideas for how to make the food taste better. I used one of the ideas for lunch. I took the wild rice soup in the water and let it sit for 15 min before cooking it. It made a world of difference. My only problem now is that the soup boils over within the first min of cooking. It is “simple to lose” most of my meal because it spills out inside the microwave… I have now learned that lesson and it will not happen again… Trust Me!

8:26pm

A much better day all around. I took the strawberry shake packet and blended it in a blender with crushed ice… Oh… Ya!!! Very nummy. That made a great 3:00pm meal. Then at 6 I had a small lean steak (6oz cooked) and a very nice salad. I could not finish it, because I was full… so I’m now patting myself on the back because I think that is the first time in ages that I have not finished a meal.

Also, today was great because a friend of ours in the community reached out to my wife and I. She was struggling as a single mom, trying to make ends meet and even make her rent & heat payment. She was going to be kicked out of her house on the 5th, but I brought it up to my facebook friends and within 17 min, her rent was paid and she had 100 gallons of propane donated to heat her house. By the end of the day, our little community even donated wood and funds to make up for her back rent. I love how community can meet the needs of those within it. We don’t need government to tell us when to be charitable, or even rely on government to take care of us… we rise above on our own and act… like human beings were created to act. Thank you community of Bigfork Montana, for caring for one of your own!

7 comments:

  1. That's cool about the community helping the lady in need. The Church being the Church! Thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much does the Simple2lose program cost per month? Is it hard to stick to? How much weight did you lose during your time on the program?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to know the cost as well. It sends a red flag to me when they don't mention the cost of the program on their homepage...but they want your phone number. Sort of tells me, it's expensive and they feel the need to talk you into joining.

      Delete
    2. I totally agree. There is no way that I am going to give my phone number out so I have to sit through a sales pitch. Bottom line, either I can afford it or I can't and I don't want someone trying to pressure me into something I can't afford.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why has this question been answered and then removed by the author concerning the cost of this program. I too felt very uncomfortable with the website saying nothing but wanting everything from ME! Be up front and let me decide if I want to do this first! I see Godly things on this page, seems pretty hypocritical to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was unable to stay in the program, even though I really see the value in it. I think having a local coach would've helped me out quite a bit… I have found one and I plan on restarting the program here shortly. To answer your question about cost… It really depends on the person and how many calories the coaches planning for the person any given week. I would say on average you're going to find that it costs a little over $300 per month... That includes all of your meals except your healthy dinner... So for me I actually saved money every month. If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask I'll be completely honest with you.

    ReplyDelete