Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day two is as tough as they say it will be!

10:26am

Yuck… is not the only word that describes how awful the “Oatmeal” food packet tasted this morning, but it is the nicest thing I can say about it. Unfortunately I cannot get that taste out of my mouth. I think I need better microwave cooking containers or I did not make that correctly. How can this be allowed to be eaten? I felt like Neo in the movie “The Matrix” after he takes the blue pill and enters reality. He is stuck in the ship and they have to eat some slop that pours out of a tube into a bowl and everyone eats it because it has all of the nutrients that they need but tastes like cr@p. I… will NOT be having the oatmeal food replacement meal ever again TUVM (thank you very much).

2:43pm

I have to tell you… I’m not in good shape today… Very week, to the point that I am too dizzy to work. I’m not sure if I am sick or if this is normal. I can’t really write any more.

4:48pm

I just read a happy email from my health coach… She said “Just read your blog post and burned calories laughing! You have a way with words! If you need to, have an extra meal. You could even cut a bar in half and eat as needed. A cup if chicken broth will help with energy also. Just make sure it is low sodium. I promise, it does get easier!” So… now I’m running to my kitchen to grab something. (OK… I’m not actually running, but you get the picture)

5:49pm

I just ate my lean and green meal. I had a salad and a wonderful salmon steak cooked to perfection. I actually have energy and feel much better, so that means that I’m not sick, just hungry. Hunger is a serious issue… We have it so good in America. God bless those who are going to sleep hungry tonight… may God give them excess tomorrow and meat their needs. I’m going to work now… Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. That's great you have a coach to support you. Once you get the diet done, moving to lifestyle healthy eating will be beneficial for you. There are so many healthy things you can eat that will fill you up. Whole grains and lean protein in particular. Keeping your stomach full makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just FYI...Neo took the red pill NOT the blue one. :) The only way I can remember is "red is Reality"

    ReplyDelete